The Board and Staff of Cross World Africa want to thank all who have provided the Foundation with support since 2009. For the past five years, we have focused our work primarily in central and northern Kenya. A summary of the program accomplishments in 2016 can be found on our new website www.crossworldafrica.org and summarized on the Summer 2016 video located, at the following URL: https://www.crossworldafrica.org/what-we-do/.
Cross World Africa can only achieve its goals with the assistance of generous donations from members of our community. Without these donations, serving the needs of children and their families in Sub-Saharan Africa would not be possible. We hope that you will join us in our new funding campaign to meet program needs in 2017. We will continue and expand programs in CWA 2017 which include the following:
- Livestock Program: Provision of 15 cows, 60 goats to female heads of household
- Kamariny Primary School: Donation of 200 uniforms/sweaters, 300 class photographs, school supplies to schoolchildren
- Kamobo Secondary High School Scholarships: Awarded to two boys and two girls
- Kamobo Computer room and general school supplies
- Kibera YMCA Middle School Scholarships: Awarded to two boys and two girls
- Kibera YMCA food program
- Kibera YMCA Health & Wellness Mentoring Program
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) books, review guides
- Sports equipment: Donation of soccer and basketballs to local primary schools
- Kenya Scholar-Athlete Program (KenSAP) College Prep Awards Luncheon
With any level of contribution, we can help over 500 families through the programs listed. We will be completing the majority of the projects during our site visit beginning April 21, 2017. We would appreciate your donations by April 15th sent to the CWA office (2233 St. Charles Avenue, #409 – New Orleans, LA 70130) or via electronic transfer. Please contact Kevin Thompson, Executive Director, at 607-227-1594 or Kevin@crossworldafrica.org to learn more about our programs past and present.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.